Monday, August 8, 2011

The Hunt


Why is it so important to have "the perfect place?" As I said in a previous post, I am apartment hunting, and suddenly I need everything to be "perfect."


Amenities - I need it all:  in-unit washer/dryer, dishwasher, central air, fitness center, pool

I never work out. I still can't swim. I still probably wash more dishes by hand than is necessary...so why are those things important?


Aesthetics - I want it to be gorgeous: hardwood floors, fireplace, granite countertops...can I get some exposed brick? Maybe a balcony?

I've never stoked a fire. Is granite easier to clean than tile/laminate? And what is my obsession with hardwood floors and exposed brick?! In my defense, carpet is disgusting. I don't think I can live through another carpet situation. Give me hardwood, or give me death. Ok, ok...not death. But at least get me a Dyson, or an awesome Red Devil as a trade-off. I think carpeted apartments should come with a vacuum cleaner (add "vacuum cleaner" to amenities).

Price - I need all this for less than $1000.

So cheap. Is that human nature? 

Odds are I'll have to settle. I just realized that the hunt for the perfect apartment is a lot like the dating hunt. Quick recap:

Amenties: I need it all - he cooks, he cleans, and he works a 40hr/week job that somehow pays 6 figures (40hr so he has time to cook, clean)
Aesthetics: I want him to be gorgeous - tall (6 feet), dark, handsome, with a washboard stomach and   a Bible in his hand
Price: Me (limited cleaning)


Odds are...hahaha





3 comments:

  1. haha I thought you liked short-men? I see you've had a change of heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. short men...tall men...all are welcome. I should amend. Perfection height for me is like 5'9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha. keep waiting. i can see you now, homeless...single... kinda like me...jobless...schooless... how can we avoid this?

    ReplyDelete