Friday, August 5, 2011

I Hate Change!



"There is nothing permanent except change" - Heraclitus

Usually, I'm quoting the Bible, but other peeps have good quotes too. I mean, God doesn't have the corner on great quotes...does He?

Blog, I am in flux. That's why I haven't written anything in so long. I have been alternately happy, stressed, depressed; change is not something I do well with. Change is difficult. One the road of my life, there are many changes ahead. Here is the short list:
  1. New Job - I resigned my old position and start a new one in a week!
  2. New Home - The home I've lived in and and loved for one awesome year is gone. And my roommates are all disbanding. It's like a death in the family, except 1) no dead body, 2) no funeral, 3) no tears (yet). But trust me, it's like a death!
    • Side note: I'm homeless as of 8/31/11. If you have friends looking for a new roommate...refer me. I like living in community.
Wait...that's only two things! I kid you not, I started out thinking I would have 5 things. That's not even the short list. It is the whole list! Now I'm ashamed. 

Shame aside, the harsh feelings about change are legit, but they made me think of a scripture (2 Corinthians 5:17):

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

That's a change process that I look forward to.

But the idea that "new has come" appeals to me. New is something that I haven't seen or experienced before, so it's an adventure. And I'm choosing to embrace it!

Heading to Toledo to see the family!  Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you posted a sign for this milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make such a fuss, and it turned out to be only 2 things... *Sigh* Anyways, I think the second thing is important though, being homeless. So I hope you find a home soon!!

    ReplyDelete