Friday, March 16, 2012

Mental Health Day



Today is my mental health day. Usually, such a day is just me at home eating chips and ice cream while watching awesome movies from my teens and early 20s (High Fidelity is a personal favorite). Today was different.

I only did two things, but these two things were so amazing, that I needed to write a blog about it.

Thai Massage

I will never get another Swedish massage. Ever. I was thinking I'd get a Swedie, but then I thought: "let's be different today Krissy." So I went to get a Thai massage. It was like nothing I even thought could happen. I don't even know where to start, but I'll try:

  1. Hurt so Good - This chick spent about 30 minutes just breaking me into little pieces. She stretched like every inch of my body, in ways I didn't think it could stretch. I was making crazy faces--but yet felt no shame. I was laughing--but nothing was funny. I was in pain, but yet it felt so good.
  2. Up Close and Personal - In previous massages, there had been an adjustment period. A moment where I have to get used to this stranger's hands being on me. I had to get over that quick. This chick was on the table. She was on my back (her whole body). There were some moments where she intertwined our fingers so she could pull my arms off, or pull my finger off (that's what it felt like was about to happen). And I felt so close. She massaged my scalp. Not like my temples. No...my scalp. My whole head. So you know I walked out of there looking too disheveled. The thing is, when someone is touching you in what would otherwise (if this wasn't a service) be considered an intimate way you start having...

  3. Crazy thoughts - Touch really does trigger emotions. I was thinking thoughts like: "I love you." "Oh yeah, OH YEAH." "OMG...do it!" Then at other times I was thinking: "She really knows me." She does not know me. There was a moment where I thought she was done, and I was legitimately sad. Then she said: "Turn over" and I couldn't even control the smile that spread across my face.
  4. Monsieur Stone - This was actually one of my crazy thoughts. There is a point where hot stones are introduced into the massage, and that feels ridiculously amazing. But the stone's appearances are intermittent. And since I personify inanimate objects all the time (co-workers know I call office supplies "little guy"), I began referring to the stone in my mind as Monsieur Stone. And I would think: "Give me Monsieur Stone," "Oh...hello Monsieur Stone," "Monsieur Stone, you are changing my life." So, if you ever get a Thai massage, make sure you get a service that includes him. You won't be disappointed.
My body was off the table at points. She'd have my legs in the air. It was CRAZY. Crazy awesome! At one point, I knew it was going on too long, that I had requested the 60 minute massage, and it was going way over. But I didn't care. I was thinking: I'll pay! I'll pay whatever you want me to pay. That massage was 2 hrs. And worth every cent.

Little add-ons: They give you ginger tea and wash your feet in the beginning.

The Bath

As I was leaving, she told me to take a hot bath in 30 minutes, so I ran straight to CVS for supplies. This couldn't be some ordinary bath. So you know I had to hook it up with candles, bubbles, bath salts. And then I played some Bon Iver and just decompressed for about 30 minutes.

I am even now, just lounging in a robe. And it is awesome. Mental balance: achieved.

If there is a single, male Thai masseur out there who believes in Jesus Christ...please send a message to the e-mail address in my profile. I'd be interested in marrying...I mean...meeting you.

5 comments:

  1. hahahaha. who did that? i want one of those now, BAD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iammalethaimasseur2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and stick with it No doubt you will definitely reach your goals! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to get a massage. I haven't had someone touch me in what-might-be-considered-intimate ways in quite some time.

    ReplyDelete