Monday, August 2, 2010

Boredom


Nothing is worse than boredom. The constant doodling. The fantasies. The foolishness. Top 5 things to do when I'm bored:

1. Write in my blog!!

Yes, the blog keeps me from being dead. However, most blogs written in a fit of boredom NEVER get posted, because they are shamelessly stupid. I once wrote a whole blog about the fact that Value City Furniture had a facebook page. If you're ever bored, here is a link to that never-to-be-published (officially) blog post.

--Pause--If you choose to read that very short post, you'll need these link aids (which will not function in an unpublished post): VCF and broke. WAIT! I just realized that my comment regarding "broke" is not funny. That's just a hater making fun of black people...oh well. --Unpause--

2. Surf the internet

This is no ordinary surfing. This is AIMLESS surfing. This means that you Google words and phrases with little to no meaning. For example:

  • "Why is the sky blue?" - Too sciency! My brain almost exploded. I get it. Scattered light, blah, blah, blah.
  • "I am bored" - you'll get to a site that is supposed to help you. However, this site is so overwhelming in its options that the sister to Bordeom (her name is Lazy) disallows you from clicking on anything.
  • "Boys boys boys"- This used to take you to some VERY questionable sites, but now...Lady GaGa. She has taken over the world:



So bored...you have to watch the video. There's about 3 - 4 minutes of disturbing thoughts evoked by the Lady GaGa images, and then...on to the next aimless query:

  • "Lalalalalalalalalalala" - This one is scary. This takes you to a site that says:

Welcome to my really pointless website, isnt it really cool? What ever you do dont click HERE! Cause if you do you are stupid! You shouldn't click HERE or HERE either, unless of course you're an idiot.

Pretty ominous stuff...but YET you are SO bored that you ALMOST want to click "HERE" and watch your PC die a virusy death. OR it's a hoax and nothing happens, and you've called this guy's bluff. OR, only ONE of the "HERE" links is dangerous, and you can try your luck with absolutely no payoff. It's like Computer Russian Roulette! Very awesome. Very.

Note: My "HERE" links noted above are real links I made. They are not dangerous. Just fun and random.

3. Read a book - I always start doing this, and then think: "If I'm going to read a book...it should be the Good Book!" This leads to #4.

4. Read my Bible -
The Bible is an awesome book, but I like to read with purpose, but the nature of boredom is purposelessness. So this activity, well-meant as it was, leads to #5.

5. Sleep - When there is nothing left, THIS is the refuge of the bored. And who knows what dreams may come? However, like I always say: It is better to be sleep than watching the Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Side Note: Why is Taye Diggs married to someone NOT me?! There is no justice in this world!

2 comments:

  1. i read your post, but i'm not really bored so i didn't click on your links. but what's so bad about the suite life of zack and cody anyways (or hannah montana/miley cyrus for that matter)? if i were 12, i'd totally be gaga over them...but not as in lady gaga. and i've had a similar wondering myself about channing tatum. why did he marry that girl from step up instead of me? some things we'll just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be bored to read this post. The links are part of the fun...

    The Suite Life is drivel! Hannah Montana is okay, but nothing beats That's So Raven. That was an awesome show.

    I'm sorry about Channing. It's his loss!

    ReplyDelete