Tuesday, November 29, 2011

100th Blog! Major Updates



So this is my 100th blog post. Hooray! Hooray (imagine applause, streamers, confetti, and foam...if you're into that)!

So I thought I would go back and in true July Flame list style, name my 5 all-time favorite blogs and update on what has happened since that time.


The Tragedies of Being Short - this is still a legit issue...as I have not grown. But to add insult to injury, my brother recently married a chick who is SIX FEET TALL, thus ousting me from my throne as "tallest girl in my family." This past Thanksgiving (when we put up our tree), the fam actually asked her to put the star on top SIMPLY because she could reach. Sad rudeness. Now I'm nothing, just second tallest. Tragedy continues.

Goodbye 27! - I like this one, because it legitimately captures a true moment of positivity and gratitude for my life. I had a really rough year, and I could've dwelt on the bad, b/c I can get pretty dark sometimes...but my happiness during 27 was real. I noticed that I never said goodbye to 28...I realize I forgot to count my blessings. Shame on me. That won't happen when I count down 29.

Our Friendship is Over! - this should be nominated for best animated short at the Oscars. I mean...true I didn't create the animation, but the script is golden! This was my first cartoon video and I love it. And let's be honest, many friendships end just this way. It's still happening, as we speak. I said that friendship is an umbrella that single women stand under so we don't get wet. Friendships forged under the umbrella fail (i.e. friendship born out of the solidarity of being single). So now...I avoid those. I choose to dance in the rain, splash in puddles, and find other people who are doing the same.

Critical Mass - This one deals with the aforementioned boredom. I love this post b/c it's one of the first times I started creatively applying the issues in my life as a way for me to connect with God. It was like I was trying to connect what I was going through with the Word of God. Sounds hokie I know...but after that, I wasn't afraid to say "I'm crappy, and this is how I think God wants me to deal with it." I'm still at critical mass all the time. I'm always SECONDS from the next blow up, and then prayer fixes it. I think that's amazing.

God and Math - I like re-reading this post, because often things don't seem to "add up." I get mad because my dividends are totally in arrears (accounting nerd!!). Like I've invested in this Christian life, and where are my dividends?! But I've learned that God is not a vending machine. And even if He was, I'm not putting in all quarters. I've definitely thrown some Canadian change in there... His grace is sufficient, and even given that...I'm still betting that somehow 2+2 is 5. It just goes like that somehow.

I thought about trying to write something deep and profound for the 100th post, but that's just begging for writer's block. No dice kids. Maybe something awesome will come along for post 101. 


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Kris. Your blog has been a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete