Monday, April 26, 2010

April is evil

I know that each day is one that the Lord has made, but I haven't done much rejoicing in the 26 days of April that have passed so far. I have concluded that: April is evil.

Sorry to all those with April birthdays, but your parties will be lame, and you either will or have already noticed crows feet around your eyes this year. You will get all dressed up to go out and will stub your toe. Yes, it is THAT kind of April.

Why do I feel thus?

Well, today it's because I forgot my purse at work again and had to drive ALL the way back to get it. But other than that, it's been a pretty bad month. Let's recap:

1.) Lost my iPod

This is grievous indeed. I mean, I haven't worked out SINCE I lost it, so it's been about two weeks of sloth. I cannot continue in the way. There are songs I want to listen to at work, but I realized I didn't download them to my iTunes. So then I have to sing them to myself. It's not the same...

2.) Lost the key card to my apartment

Today of all days, this sucked the worst, as it was raining on my head and I could not gain entrance into my building. Why not buy another key card? Because it's $50!!! And plus, the intercom/buzz-in system is hooked up to my cell phone, so if I punch in my apartment code, it'll call me, I press "0" and I'm in. However, today...I forgot my cell phone at home. :'(

3.) Work has been horrific

I've worked a few 14 - 16 hour days. That's not what I signed up for. I find that I am sleepy...that I'm eating a lot of trashy food, and am missing out on quality TV. I'm so behind on Flashforward! I'm sad because prior to April, I thought my job was pretty gravy. Now, it's definitely not gravy, it's cornbread from Cracker Barrel. Note: If you like the cornbread from Cracker Barrel, you should be drowned...in gravy.

4.) My mom came to visit and I could barely spend time with her because of #3.

People who know me, know that I sometimes spontaneously say: "I want my mom." I HAD her, and she was wasted. Now she is gone, and I am bereft.


5.) Bad hair days

I'm not talking about a few fly-aways. I'm talking about one of those hair days where you AVOID mirrors. Why? If I walk past a mirror and look INTO it...a groan/shriek of terror/despair will be emitted. Then I'll groan at the fact that I groaned...then I'll try to fix it, only to admit defeat, groan yet again, kick the air, and walk away.

6.) The pimple!!

It's still lingering. It is much improved, but it's a slow process.

7.) There is no seven, but there should be.

Seven deadly sins...seven disastrous ways to describe April. Oh wait, there's a 7: It RAINS all the time!! Gloomy and sad April is.

In 5 days it will be May. She is welcome. Good riddance to April.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like any time you get into a funk and then complain about it, there's always that one annoying person that's like "turn that frown upside down!" This is how that annoying person would respond:
    1) What a great chance to work on your singing! No more flat notes!
    2) What a great way to make your purse lighter! No more shoulder pain!
    3) What a great way to earn money! No more Ramen!
    4) What a great way to enjoy the time you DID have together! Absence makes the heart grow fonder!
    5) What a great way to focus on the inside instead of the outside! Vanity is one of the seven deadly!
    6) Repeat five! Repetition is the key to learning!
    7) What a great way to teach children how to count! The children are our future!
    Isn't that annoying? I hate people like that.

    ReplyDelete