Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Desperately Seeking Roommate!

I need a roommate.

In general, I hate sharing my space, because...I'm not the best at sharing. However, there are some SERIOUS benefits to roommating:


1. The Free Food

I miss coming home after a long day's work to someone saying: "Did you eat? I cooked filet mignon with 7 cheese macaroni, and salad. If you want...I also made creme brulee for dessert."

OKAY, no one ever made that. But I've come home to great spaghetti, curry chicken, stews, pizza, etc. It sucks when I come home, and know that I have ZERO food (at least none that I want). Like tonight, I had fish available. But I didn't want fish. I wanted cereal, but I'm pretty sure my milk is spoiled. I don't touch it. I don't smell it. If I had a roommate, they would have complained about that milk by now. AND, it would already be replaced with a fresh milk.

Be that as it may...I totally made a great meal tonight from scraps!! Don't you love it when you make an awesome dinner from items that would have turned to mold without your stroke of genius?!

The Ingredients:

Lettuce
Scrap of tomato
Almost at the edge head of broccoli
Onion
The last banana peppers in the jar
One of the last two eggs in the fridge (boiled)
3-4 days from mush green bell pepper (chopped)
the remainder of grilled teriyaki chicken that I took home from a house party on Sunday (chopped)

All this created a pretty awesome tasting salad. FOR THE WIN!!!

Back to the list for why I need a roommate...

2.  Roommates force you to keep your apartment clean.

This apartment is a wreck. Usually, I clean on Sundays and it lasts for about 2 - 3 days...until the next Sunday. But now, it's like I'm in some type of cleaning funk. It's April. It took me down, and because I'm alone I JUST DON'T CARE. I don't care about the heap of mail on my dining room table. I don't care about the volcano of dishes in my sink that is about to erupt. I don't care about the clothes strewn across my bedroom floor, and bathroom floor, and living room floor...When I had roommates, shame forced me to stay tidy.

3. Roommates are an instant hangout person when you're bored.

In truth, I don't need constant companionship. However, it's nice to come home...and be like: movies? And then we just go. Midweek. That used to be kind of great. Or that person to watch TV with (as long as they like all the same shows as you, and don't disrupt your TiVo), with delivery Chinese and a bottle of improperly paired mid-tier wine. Good times!

Short list. I really just wanted the opportunity to praise my scrap salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment