Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bad Day!!

Today has been a really horrific day. Someone I know...his mom died, I had a fruitless trip to the doctor's office, work was a constant fire drill, I was forced to take an abbreviated lunch, I got my sweater dirty, AND...AND...AND...I gained 2lbs. That 2lbs. made me almost lose it. Do you know how much I've been working out? How hard I've been running? This blows major chunks. I might have to step up my game, watch the calories, start eating bits of lettuce.

However, in all of that tragedy: a bright spot emerged in my inbox. LILITH FAIR UPDATE!!! They have this incredible confirmed lineup that makes me salivate with music-loving...ummm...with music-loving...saliva! Check out the lineup: http://www.lilithfair.com/artists

I am very hype about going. This will be my first Lilith Fair. I was first lured in by the draw of Ingrid Michaelson--the musical love of my life. But they have ALL of my favorites, with the exception of Leslie Feist, but she plays it a little too cool for Lilith Fair. Plus, she might be mixing it up with Broken Social Scene...they have an album coming out (their website is WAAAAACK!! but I like their song "World Sick").

Okay, onto THE DATE:

Where: Tallula Restaurant in Arlington
Duration: 3 hours (6:30 - 9:30)
Goodnight Kiss: No
Late Night Text: Yes - he texted to inform me that he had a "great" time and wanted to see me again. Awww! Yea!
Follow-up Call Next Day: Yes, as well as a little BBM action

Twist of the Night: Our waiter. He was the most flamboyant homosexual that I have ever met--PAUSE: I am a lover of GLBT culture. I listen to Tegan and Sara AND Melissa Etheridge, I've seen tons of GLBT films, AND I love the Chicago Pride Parade...I am NOT homophobic--UNPAUSE Anyway, this guy was like Jeremy Piven in Rush Hour 2...TIMES 100!!!



Anyway, while my date (let's call him "Steve") was in the restroom, this conversation took place:

Waiter: "You remind me of my wife! The way you only take a few sips of your wine during dinner and then save the rest for after dinner conversation."

Me (mouth agape): "..."

I WAS FLOORED!! WIFE?! Please define "wife." I'm thinking: "Is this guy lying? Is he on the DL? Is his wife some kind of blind/deaf unknowing FOOL? Or is he just a really expressive person, a kind and gentle man who treats his woman like the QUEEN she is?" The world will never know.

Otherwise, it was just a nice date. Nice dates don't make for good stories. Hopefully, I'll have plenty of non-stories with this guy because he's pretty hot. He has long eyelashes. LOVE IT!!

Anyway, he called...another date on Saturday. Let's see where this leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment