Saturday, March 13, 2010

**Update**

From now on, there will be no more blatant posts about the dating experiences. Just generalized observations.

Life is a learning process, so lesson learned on this one. I called Nice Guy and just told him flat out: I'm not feeling it. It was horrible.

You want to know what is MOST horrible? All the ADVICE from your friends. After laying out the dilemma, this is what I heard:

Friend 1: DUMP HIM!
Friend 2: Give it a few more dates, see if you can get some chemistry going.
Mom: I think you should go by what YOU feel; if you're not feeling it, let him go.
Friends 3,4,5: WHAT?! You didn't kiss him after the first date?! I can't believe he even called you back!
Friends 3,4,5: Clearly, you're not attracted. You don't like him. Let him go.
Mom again (15 min. later AFTER I've called it off): Maybe you should give him more of chance, you're lonely...maybe he's lonely...
Brother (in the background of call with Mom): That's why she's going to end up with some bum. You can't treat GOOD people any old kind of way. If he was a good man, she should have tried to keep him around.

...
...
...

I'm in my apartment laughing HYSTERICALLY. I feel a tinge of insanity creeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment