Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Beginning

I've had it in my heart to start writing a blog for a couple of months now. I have some friends who think that I'm this hilarious person and I would write an AWESOME blog, but somehow I doubt that it would be all that awe-inspiring. I feel this way for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm not really funny. This is a fallacy borne of people's belief that they KNOW me. They think I'm joking when I'm 100% serious. They think I'm serious when I'm 100% joking. People who are this confused can only laugh. They just don't know any better.

2) I'm actually a very private person. I talk quite a bit. I'm a virtual chatter box, but all of that is simply noise. Confusing noise that makes them think they're learning ALL about me while being entertained with the hilarity of my life all at the same time. A real two-for-one deal. But no one ever gets all of me.

Hence...this blog. I know that at first I'll probably treat the blog the way I treat everyone else: by offering it half of myself. It is my hope though, that over time I'll start to recount the uncensored events of my day, my encounters with strangers, and my overall feelings HONESTLY with the blog. In so doing, I will free myself...HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah right, I'll just write down whatever comes to mind, hope that someone is reading it. Or maybe hope that someone is NOT reading it (if I get too honest).

First things first: Why July Flame?

Reason # 1: July Flame is an awesome song released by singer/songwriter Laura Veirs, and the song literally gives me chills up and down my spine when I hear it. Give it a listen:



I identify with Laura; she's nerdy cool; I'm nerdy cool. She always performs in her glasses; I abhor contact lenses. She's a rock star; I'm an accountant. See? We're like the same.

(10 min have passed...) TIME OUT! I go to find some photos of Laura Veirs, so I can do a side-by-side view of our "twinness" and this chick has all these professional photos of herself WITHOUT her glasses. Who does she think she is? Is she too good for a little plastic and glass? What a tramp. I'm utterly disgusted. My opinion of her has changed; however, the song is still awesome, and the blog name has been chosen. C'est la vie. It's kind of apropos, I was just saying I never give all of myself. Laura just taught me: You never know a person. ESPECIALLY one you haven't actually ever met. I thought I knew her through her music. What a fool I am.

Reason #2: I am a July Flame. I was born on July 21st (Cancers UNITE!!!), and I'm a bit of a spitfire. I speak my mind, and if pushed...I will cut you. For serious. AND I'm on fire for God...true story. I know that's kind of incongruous with the "I will cut you" remark but Peter (one of the 12 apostles) cut off someone's ear. So, God clearly deals with hotheads.

Alright, I think that is enough for a first post. I'm about to watch The Box. I started it last night, but fell asleep. However, I used a good coupon to get this movie for FREE. I can't waste it.

1 comment:

  1. firs comment ever! wow so as i am reading this HOT FIRE.. i can see you saying it. *Shake of the head with a sudden look down - aka "the krissy"*

    BAHAHA

    ReplyDelete