Wednesday, March 17, 2010

**Update**

Remember yesterday when I was talking about black hair care? Well after further investigation, I find that some black women get around the once a week rule by “co-washing.” I’ve never heard of this before, so I’m a little intrigued. Co-washing is washing your hair with conditioner ONLY. No shampoo. Shampoo has sulfate, sulfate dries out our hair, leading to breakage. The issue is SO real. Right now, it’s been like 5 days since I washed my hair, and it is super dry. If I was white or Asian, it would be super greasy and sick by now. Something HAS to be done! If I put oil in it, it’ll be weighted down…if I wash it…it’ll be poofy and more dry. Maybe I’ll “co-wash” it. I don’t have time to do this BEFORE the date, so I’ll have to suffer through the self-conscious burning of a bad hair day. However, I will try it later tonight when I get home, and see how it works out.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried dry shampoo? It works pretty well to get the dirt out, especially after a heavy workout, but it also tends to lighten your hair a bit until the next wash.

    ReplyDelete