Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's Sunday, and I don't really have anything bursting inside me that I have to say.

All I really have are more questions. Questions that I'm looking for God to answer, and so I stay in prayer daily. I know I was just saying last Sunday, that I need to just make a simple statement of availability (i.e. "Here I Am")...but this really isn't so much about me being available. It's more about me just knowing MORE and learning MORE. However, to some extent, that is impossible:

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." - I Corinthians 13: 9 - 12

One day I'll know...

In other news I went to church tonight and learned more about the Passover! Yea! We learned about the "Matzoh Pouch" and the 3 pieces of Matzoh inside. PAUSE--I'm sure there is a more official name for the Matzoh Pouch, but I forgot it. Jews may feel free to correct me.--UNPAUSE The speaker focused on the fact that the middle matzoh piece is broken, hidden, and then brought back. In the Christian view of the Matzoh Pouch, the 3 pieces are representative of the 3 manifestation of God: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit (what, what!). And for that middle piece to be broken, hidden, and then brought back, seems like a precursor for the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus. I mean, he was beaten up, crucified, entombed for three days, and then came back to life. Is it a stretch? I don't think so. Sounds like the Passover Seder, in itself, was a prophetic ceremony...

Anyway, Jesus came as a sacrifice; and He is what we celebrate at Passover. Holy Communion = the Christian Passover Seder. Jews celebrate the Passover Seder to memorialize God passing over their homes during that last and terrible plague in Egypt. In that day, they put the blood of the sacrificial lamb on their doors, so that the angel of the Lord would see it, and pass over their home. Likewise, we take Holy Communion in remembrance of Jesus Christ allowing Himself to be that ultimate sacrifice for sin, which causes the penalty of sin (which is death) to pass over all those who apply the blood of Christ to their lives. Deep. I love parallels. And this particular parallel may further my Christians as Jews 2.0 theory (though I have been changing and re-adapting that over time...one Sunday, you'll get the full blast of that).

In any case, I was really feeling the speaker tonight, because he broke Passover down from a totally Christian viewpoint that I had never heard before. I mean, I've heard it before, but he introduced to me the Matzoh Pouch, and he made everything else seem a little new. And for that, I thank him. I'm kind of stupid in that I think I know it all (despite all the ramblings of the first few paragraphs). So I get SUPER hype when I hear something new.

Just to clarify, the things that I don't know/understand, the things that keep me up at night, are the gray areas. Areas that probably aren't even gray; I create gray areas with my own tainted wisdom, which is not wisdom at all:

"But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy." James 3:17

Yeah, my wisdom is SO not like that. I need some of that wisdom. For serious. Until then, I just have to stop leaning to my own understanding. I must decrease. I've been saying that to myself for years: I must decrease. It's time for me to "small up" a bit.

Oh! I decided I will play a church song every week. This week's selection is "Restored" by J. Moss. I actually don't like the beginning of this song that much, though...this brother can sing. However, when it hits that vamp it gets really good. Towards the end, I had chills.


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



I love how he says: "...never rejected, just reconnected." That is my line! They really take it to church at the end. This is my kind of church song. Slow build.

Okay...Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment